Don asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 5 months ago

California- Is it illegal for me to sell my friend's thc cartridges for those vape pens?

My friend has his own brands that he sells to dispensaries and dispensaries sell it to consumers. Marijuana is now LEGAL in California, but I'm pretty sure you might need a license if selling. What are the consequences of me selling those thc cartridges? If you just have assumptions, please dont reply. I need California lawyer or enforcement or DEA worker to answer this.

You DO need a license to sell active THC products in California. However the enforcement mechanism is so weak here that many operate without them. P.S. All you need is someone who reads the newspaper to know this.

You cannot do that legally, no.

The sale of marijuana and related products are HIGHLY regulated in CA as well as all weed friendly states. Yes, that is illegal the consequences of which would depend on a number of factors such as how much your sold.

SOMEONE is FLAT OUT LYING. Your 'friend' can't legally MAKE anything to sell to dispensaries without licenses that can't be obtained without KNOWING the answer to this question.

Marijuana is not "legal" in California. It's decriminalized.

You are not allow to sell THC without a cannabis license.

You don't need a California lawyer, law enforcement, or DEA worker.

You just need to read the law. It's very clear. Individual people can give away cannabis but you can't sell it.

https://static.cdfa.ca.gov/MCCP/document/Comprehen...

The difference between decriminalized and legal is:

legal means "legal".

Decriminalized means it is illegal per federal law but if you have under the allowed amount there is no penalty in the State of California.