i have a gallon container and I need 1 part concentrate to 5 parts water how much concentrate do I use?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

You don't have to FILL the container do you? As long as you add 1 unit of concentrate and 5 units of water then you have no problem.

You don't say WHICH gallon you have. A US gallon is significantly smaller than an imperial gallon.

So I would take out my ( metric) jug and put in 600 ml of concentrate and 3 Litres of water.

giving 3.6 Litres of mix which would fit nicely into a US gallon.

If I had an imperial gallon I would mix 700 ml of concentrate and 3.5 L of water giving 4.2 L of mix that again would fit nicely into a 4.5 L gallon container.

In both cases with just sufficient "slosh room" to mix the concentrate properly.

Too full and there is no room to move so the result is unsatisfactorily mixed.

• 5 months ago

How much water is in the container?? Convert to a small unit (ounces? milliliters?) and then divide by 5.

• 5 months ago

How about taking a large glass and put 1 glass of concentrate in the pail and 5 glasses of water in the pail?!

• Viola G5 months agoReport

try it and note the results. Don't forget to write down your results.

• 5 months ago

If you are in the U.S. there are 128 ounces in a gallon. 128 divide by 6 = 21.3 ounces which is the concentrate you should add.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Phil M
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

21.33 fluid ounces.

• 5 months ago

1 part + 5 parts = 6 parts.

1/6 of a gallon = 2 2/3 cups.

• 5 months ago

1/6th of a gallon of concentrate to 5/6 of a gallon water. Good luck finding a measuring device with sixths of a gallon markings.

• Andrew Smith
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Stephen. None of my measuring cups have a "2 2/3" marking on them.
      Anything capable of measuring this much in a single addition ( a 1 litre jug for example) does not have such markings. Even a single cup does not have a "2/3" marking on it. 1/2 . 1/4 etc yes.

• paul
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

do your own home work

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.