Can’t breathe automatically?

Yesterday I choked on some food and couldn’t breathe, and now my throat hurts and I can’t breathe deep enough to get out a sentence. When I inhale I have to think about every breath, and they’re very short and shallow. It was hard going to sleep because I just wouldn’t take a breath but it was fine once I got to sleep. But immediately after I woke up, it wasn’t automatic anymore. Have I messed something up in there? My chest hurts a little but mostly my throat, should I see a doctor or will it go away?

Dear it’s not like you showed us an X-ray or we can examine your throat.

Call your local hospital and speak with the emergency room nurse because it is not fair to you that we guess. I had a similar thing happen to me and gargled with warm water and salt, took an Advil and it went away. But everyone is not the same.

Go to your doctor NOW. Don't leave it a moment longer.

See a doctor ASAP. Really. Go to an urgent care clinic. I don't think you actually aren't breathing automatically anymore, but you could have damaged your throat, tracheae, or aspirated some food into your lungs. These could lead to serious issues.

i have no advice on this, sorry. but go to the doctor for sure