Can’t breathe automatically?

Yesterday I choked on some food and couldn’t breathe, and now my throat hurts and I can’t breathe deep enough to get out a sentence. When I inhale I have to think about every breath, and they’re very short and shallow. It was hard going to sleep because I just wouldn’t take a breath but it was fine once I got to sleep. But immediately after I woke up, it wasn’t automatic anymore. Have I messed something up in there? My chest hurts a little but mostly my throat, should I see a doctor or will it go away?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Dear it’s not like you showed us an X-ray or we can examine your throat.

Call your local hospital and speak with the emergency room nurse because it is not fair to you that we guess. I had a similar thing happen to me and gargled with warm water and salt, took an Advil and it went away. But everyone is not the same.

• 5 months ago

Go to your doctor NOW. Don't leave it a moment longer.

• 5 months ago

See a doctor ASAP. Really. Go to an urgent care clinic. I don't think you actually aren't breathing automatically anymore, but you could have damaged your throat, tracheae, or aspirated some food into your lungs. These could lead to serious issues.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

i have no advice on this, sorry. but go to the doctor for sure

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.