Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 5 months ago

My wife who is dying wants me to remarry for the kids, what do tell her?

My wife and I have been married for 3 years, she was diagnosed with leukemia and she beat it but it came back and its terminal. My wife wants me to marry her best friend so our son won't grow up without a mother, the best friend is okay with this. I'm an emotional wreck because I feel like I won't be able to properly grieve my wife and this makes me very sad. Her best friend is a kind woman and I have no doubt she'll be a great step mom. Am I being selfish about this?

Tell her with sincerity you wiil if that is what she wants ,then tell her its her you need right now. Do what ever she wants. Oh God. If there is one that allows this **** to happen. Do what she asks .

Source(s): My life. My wife. Our way
  • GEEGEE

Tell her time will tell what the future brings. I know she is concerned about the future but pressuring you is not the answer. Or you can just yes her to reassure her, and then see what the future brings once that time comes.

• Tara

Tell her that you cannot think about another woman right now because you love HER .

Tell your wife that you cannot think about that at this time. Explain to her that it is a possibility that you will remarry and possibly marry the best friend. Though at this time, the love of your life is dying and you cannot bring yourself to think about loving or being any other woman regardless of it is at your wife's request. Allow herself to have your final moments with her and allow yourself to grieve along with your daughter's grief of losing her mother. Remember what you do with other people your daughter will not understand and will need you the most. She will need daddy more than you will need another woman. Tell your wife that you will pray on it after she passes and allow yourself and her daughter time to grieve and time to just be before you try to marry her mother's bestfriend or any other woman for that matter. Honestly I don't think that it's an option because of the situation. I think if you meet another woman or become close enough to allow yourself to love than you could contemplate marriage. If indeed that is what you would want to do. Pray on it. Enjoy the most of the time you have left with her and love your daughter through it all. Let her no, no matter what it's daddy and her against the world until another woman shows she's remotely close to loving them as much as their mother did. Blessings and may she pass being filled with love and without fear of what's to come for her.

Do not remarry until you are ready. It is nice that your wife gave you a blessing to move on, but weird that she told you to do so immediately with her best friend. Your child will be ok. A motherly role model is just as good as having a mom. Maybe if someday you fall in love with the bestfriend naturally you can get married. But if you dont feel that way about her, then marry someone whom you do fall in love with. Just because you have a child does not mean that your needs do not matter. I hope it all works out for you :)

Tell her "to hell with the kids" - Imma marry some hot pieceofass who gives me way more sex than you ever did, and I'm gonna tell this new ho that every day.

You have to do what makes you happy. Marrying someone just to make your kid happy is selfish cause if you end up divorcing this other lady then your kid has lost 2 moms

• Good

You don't have to marry her for her to "mother" your son.

She can live with you if you like her enough. She can

live elsewhere and you can visit her. I wouldn't lock

myself into something I wasn't very very sure about.

That could backfire on you. What if you marry her and

then find she's nothing like you hoped she would be?

Don't let anyone choose for you who you are going to

be with.

Tell her you will consider it but that it ultimately will

be your decision.

.

talk about the weather

Blessed are those who mourn,

for they will be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,

for they will inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,

for they will be filled.

Blessed are the merciful,

for they will be shown mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart,

for they will see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,

for they will be called children of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,

for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Please give yourself time to heal.

You will create a bad environment for your child if you choose a loveless marriage.

The home should be a place of peace: a refuge.

Your wife is not thinking of your best interests in this. She is putting the welfare of your children before your welfare.

If she believed in her heart that God wants her well - that this sickness is an attack by Satan (who comes ONLY to steal, kill and destroy) you could see a miracle. There are dozens of testimonies of incurable diseases being healed - even stage 4 cancers, here: www.awmi.net

For free counceling call this number.... they will give you sound advice. 1-800-A FAMILY

God bless you on your journey. I am praying for you to take courage and have faith.