Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 5 months ago

Why aren't adulterers stoned to death?

And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Leviticus 20:10 KJV

55 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

Read John chapter 8 or watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBl3XBuk96Y

Youtube thumbnail

• John P
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Lack of enough stones, at least in higher echelons of society in the West.

• 5 months ago

It would end Christianity......... they’d all be dead.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Jews might disagree if others use this as an excuse for sad behaviors.

• 5 months ago

it is Laws of Jews, NOT NEW TESTAMENT ALLOWS THAT, you perhaps forget to read NT...

• Jonathan5 months agoReport

I'll say this my wife made a video with a black man we r white I should kill them both but what will that fix not her lies r her consistent cheating onmy heart.if she's gone

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

when I'm with my married girlfriend, we always get stoned---

• Saad M
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Islam demands four witnesses for this punishment

• 5 months ago

As Jesus said, "You who are without sin cast the first stone." Who is able to cast the stone? No person is without sin.

• Hannah J Paul
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Tina, the Romans allowed a great measure of autonomy and that included carrying out the death penalty, even putting to death a Roman (gentile) for being in the holy part of the Temple. They most assuredly could carry out their own Torah, and that included stoning adulterers.

• 5 months ago

I'm surprised that the congregation of a Baptist church hasn't stoned an adulterer inside the church.

• Paul
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Because Jesus Christ did away with the many ungodly customs and laws of Old Testament Judaism.

• joe5 months agoReport

I hope you realize those “ungodly customs” were put in place by God. It was for the sole purpose of making a sin free bloodline for the Messiah to be birthed from. God was extremely merciful; he didn’t punish Israel most of the time for their sins. If he did, Israel would be erased from history

• 5 months ago

I don't think our current president would be very happy with that rule.

• 5 months ago

Remember the time people wanted to stone a woman for adultery in the New Testament and Jesus spoke to them and said" let he among you that is without sin cast the first stone? I think it gets its start at that point. Somewhere in later history people started to understand that some behaviors may deserve punishment but that punishment must fit the crime.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.