Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 5 months ago

Hair bleach in eye?

Hello! My friend was doing my hair last night and bleach was dripping down my forehead and felt like it got in my eye and was on my cheek. I didn’t want to be annoying and didn’t wash it out until I got home last night. It only stung a little bit and wasn’t red at all. Should I still be concerned there may be bleach in it?

• GEEGEE

Your eye would have stung a lot, and been very irritated, so you are fine.

i would call your doctor and ask hirn about it

Well there's no need to be worrying unduly. It's over! OK it stung a bit and your eyes aren't the best place for it, but really there are safety standards, and whilst you may have a sore/red eye for a bit, there's no crisis or drama here. I'd suggest just getting over it.

you would probably feel it if there was any in

I would just make sure you rinse the hell out of your eye just in case. You’re probably fine. If you wake up blind, you’ll know it was more serious than we realized.

By now it will have been diluted by your tears and should not be an issue.