is britain in any danger with this iranian situation?

i'm from britain and i'm pretty concerned about this iranian situation, with a british ship being seized.

does anyone know what might happen? will britain be in any danger or is safe?

i admit i'm worried.

sensible answers only.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

NOT REALLY

Iran is merely trying to assert its dominance over the

Strait of Hormuz through which 80% of the world’s

oil shipment pass.

Much of the Strait is international water and all ships

are allowed to pass through.

Iran stated that the seized British ship travelled in

Iranian water and that it hit an Iranian fishing boat

but we don’t know if this is true.

If it is true then this is a good reason for Britain to

allow an investigation and to try to resolve this

diplomatically.

If it is untrue Britain should send a battleship into

international water in the Straight and inform Iran that

it will take its oil tanker back by force if Iran does not

release it. It is what the US would do. I’m certain that

the US would support Britain if Britain takes this approach.

Iran would be stupid to attempt any military or terrorist

activity on British soil – it is the excuse needed for US

and NATO to attack Iran.

• 5 months ago

Despite the UK's smaller military, and smaller population, the UK has nuclear weapons, and Iran does not. The UK also has a very powerful navy, and Iran does not. A ground war would be a losing proposition, but a short and sharp air war could bring Iran to her knees.

• 5 months ago

If you are in Britain, you are safe from Iran. Iran is not going to attack the British home islands, especially because all NATO members, including the U.S., would then be required by treaty to retaliate. (However, you are not safe from global warming / climate change or from economic problems likely to be caused by Brexit).

If you are in or near Iran (especially if you are in the Persian Gulf or in Iran), you are in danger.

• 5 months ago

Should be safe other than maybe a mild possibility of issues like the London Bridge attacks via Terrorist groups that are Iran are thought to sponsor on the quiet to do their dirty work for them.

Shouldn't be a direct threat from their air force as they'd have to go via Turkey, Romania, Hungary, Czech Republic, Germany + the Netherlands first to get anywhere near us.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • marty
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I expect Iran is just trying to show their capabilities and will release the ship. Something will have to be done to Iran sooner or later but the Brits won't be alone, America will always help.

• 5 months ago

The Western world, Christians & Atheists and all Sunni Muslims are, and have been since November of 1979. Most have just chosen not to admit it. The can has been kicked down the road long enough. Too long in fact.

For that matter most of the Iranian population has been in danger since November of 1979 too.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.