Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 5 months ago

Can a user be banned is suspended from YA?

If so what would they have to do for that to happen? I ask because I see many people saying the most outrageous getting away with it. Therefore when I hear mentions of suspension etc, I wondered if it actually ever happened.

26 Answers

Relevance
  • Ben
    Lv 6
    5 months ago
    Best answer

Of course. This happened to my other account and I hope it never happens with the current account I am using.

• Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

Probably because some spiteful jerks and the fact the appeals process is broken.

• 5 months ago

you have to say something nasty and sexual about a trumptards momma. then you get suspended. rarely do they reinstate you. you justcopen a new account. since i dump my tracfone every 2-3 years and get a new one,l. they don't care about ips. phone numbers yes. use a burner phone

• 5 months ago

Yes they can be

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yes that sometimes happens. What it takes is somebody working for Y!A deciding you have pushed things too far.

My ow n account got suspended a few months ago, but I appealed and it got reinstated

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

If they Break the Rules Enough times and Yahoo Decides they have had Enough of that User Yes they can get there Accounts Suspended

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yes can be suspended from Y!A as well as having their ip address blocked by the site as a whole. Ive seen it happen to a particular user from the Gender Studies section about 6 years ago.

Source(s): .56
  • 5 months ago

You get suspended by getting enough of your posts reported over a short period of time I think. I was suspended last December, I know there were a couple users reporting my posts because they didn't like me, they were trying to get me suspended.

• 5 months ago

No, it is impossible for a user to be suspended -.-

Lv 7
    5 months ago

Accounts do still get suspended. We don't know exactly what it takes for that to happen, but it's assumed a lot of reports and content removal in a short period of time may trigger it. As mentioned though, there are many abusive accounts that last a long time without being suspended.

Banning doesn't occur, as that would prevent a user from creating more accounts and these days what usually happens is suspended users just create a new account or use another account they already had (having multiple accounts is not a violation).

• Dze
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

most people are in fact outrageous so its hard to point a finger and say 'get him he bad' ... if your intentionally trying to harm or doing or promoting something illegal you'll be gone before you even realize what happened though lol ...

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Very rarely accounts do get suspended on here .

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.