Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 5 months ago

Scared to break my truck?????

So i used to drive a 2004 dodge caravan, and it was falling apart. Plus i work doing contruction so it was hard to drive it in messy roads. So now i have a 2015 dodge ram Diesel, and i get soo scared driving it because im scared its gonna break. But everyone keeps telling me that my truck needs to be driven alot because its stronger than the van, and that my truck could get ruined if i dont use it. Is this true?????????

I was soo used to driving a shitty car for 5 years that now i feel scared driving a newer car. Any advice?????

4 years old is barely broken in from new. As soon as I change vehicles I have forgotten what the old vehicle did. Short term memory works.

Any advice? Yes. Grow up. Emotionally you're about twelve.

• Snezzy

Our 1992 D250 has maybe half a million miles on it and we still use it all the time. You can't do better than a Cummins engine.

Diesel engines will run for well over 400,000 miles with no problems if serviced regularly. Drive the truck that is why you have it. Letting it sit does more harm than driving it.