Will I need a photo ID or proof of age to travel Greyhound?

In a few days I m traveling with my sister, who s 20, on greyhound. By their rules, I technically count as a child since I m 16. I don t think I have photo ID and my mom seems to have lost my birth certificate. On their website it claims that anyone picking up a ticket will need to use a photo ID, which my sister has, but I don t. Is that enough since she s an adult with ID? Or will I need to prove I m 16 and am the person the ticket belongs to?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Use your passport!

• MS
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You don't need a photo ID to be a passenger on Greyhound. You only need an ID if you are picking up the tickets, as you noted. Since you are a minor, an adult traveling with you can pick up the tickets for both of you. Since you are not traveling alone, you will not need to show proof of age.

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You don't have a school id? You should get a state issued photo id. If you don't need it for this trip, you will need it for other things. Your mom needs to send off for a copy of your birth certificate as soon as possible because you will need that to get an ID.

• 6 months ago

I think she should be able to buy your ticket for you but to make sure she or you should call greyhound and ask them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.