I got hired with out a cdl, company was aware of course. was learning with them with my class b permit. If I fail my test can I be fired?

• Snezzy

You will pass. Pay attention in class, do ALL the homework and studying, and follow the instructor's requests for your on-the-road sessions. Do not pretend to know things that you don't.

Use your mirrors. "Steer from behind." You want to know where the hind end of your trailer is. The mirrors tell you where you are. When you take the test the examiner will be watching your use of the mirrors.

The front of the tractor turns wider than the trailer, so you must position in advance for that. In earlier times the advice was "Don't cut corners," which meant making sure your horse kept wide so the wagon didn't fall into the ditch.

Some people find it helps to practice backing a little garden tractor because it'll jackknife so abruptly, much more than a big rig, and teach you how to anticipate.

Normally, Yes.

You are hired with provision that you will obtain the necessary documentation.

If you fail, you might be lucky that the company will just move your skills to some other department, i.e. Office Support, Maintenance, Yard Jockey, etc.

• DON W

If obtaining the license is necessary for the job, yes, you can be fired if you are unable to obtain it.

• Frank

If you are not contracted and an "at will" participant...they can fire you anytime. EVEN IF YOU PASS the test. It makes sense that if they need drivers...they wouldn't...and would continue your training and try at least ONCE MORE?