Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 5 months ago

I need legal advice. Lived with a man for 17 years. He takes the keys so I can't work. He's abusive, verbally. I need out.?

He refuses to give me money to get out and won't let me go on job interviews. I'm 60 and need a normal life. What can I do, if anything. The yelling and throwing things is out of control. I can no longer even wear what I want. I'm in Texas.

If your name is on the deed/lease you can always have the locks changed then give him a new key. But under the circumstances it would probably be best for you to move out and leave this guy to his own devices.

• PAMELA

You pack a case and get out, go to a women's refuge, tell the poice about him, move a long way away, get a job, get friends and family to help you, just shake yourself, and do something about your life, it will be hard, but you have to do it, don't you?

i would go and stay in a shelter and they'll help you out with everything else

• Pache5 months agoReport

If I didn't have pets I would. Plus all the furniture in the house is mine and I know it'll be on the curb. His boat has my car blocked in the garage. If I take off in one of his cars I know he'll swear it's stolen, even though I'm on the insurance. I've seen the real him and it's evil.

• Bill

it is called mental and physical abuse

call the cops and report him

say that if they don't come and save you , you will not be responsible when he is shot

• Pache5 months agoReport

This is his house. I'd be the one put out. That's the only reason I've not called 911. He's never hit me, but he's extremely verbally abusive. There's no name in the book I've not been called.

• paul

you are on here , you are on line , you can contact the police

• Pache5 months agoReport

He owns the house. I figure i'd be the one on the street. He has all the money and just cut my credit card off.

Man who the **** is this man at the first place your dad , husband , boyfriend something else I don’t know lol.,.?!

• Pache5 months agoReport

Feels like I"m living with my dad. He was great for years but the real side of him has come out and it's not pretty at all.