Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesDodge · 5 months ago

How to bleed 2012 Dodge Challenger coolant system?

Hi I bought a challenger from a dealership it was fine all of a sudden it started running Hot so I thought it was the thermostat first it didn’t even have one so I replaced it wasn’t it and I’m still trying to bleed the air out the system but it wont say cold long enough but runs hot while driving any suggestions ?

could be water pump, radiator or ever radiator cap.

This might be out of your league so take it to a mechanic. If not you risk damaging the engine and costing thousands. A couple hundred now or several thousand in a week or so. You choose.

I expect the last owner removed the thermostat hoping to improve circulation. Bleeding the system is not likely the answer. That is more for the heater inside. If there is nothing impeding the air flow, then I would look at the water pump and also also wonder about a blown head gasket.

rnaybe you should have a rnechanic take a look at it

• taylor5 months agoReport

Obviously but if it was some minor and don’t have to I don’t want to that’s why I asked for suggestions but thanks