Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 5 months ago

How do I get a raise when I'm already getting paid the average?

I've learned that part of the way to get paid more is to research what the average pay of your position is, and present that so they can see what's fair.

But when I did that research, I found out my crappy pay is what is the typical pay range.

I have a skilled position and I didn't learn my skill just to end up having this low wage...

So with that method out of the question, what can I do to get paid better?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • nt
    Lv 6
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The way to get a raise is to prove you are worth far more than your current paycheck. Become indispensable.

Then the raises will take care of themselves.

• 5 months ago

Why don't you listen to our Lord and stop worrying, and get the hell out of the ways of the world.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=id9XI3nw3VA&t=1866s

• Erik
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You tell them you want more money, but you have to be prepared to WALK if they don't give it to you, which they won't. Or just find another job.

• ?
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

If you want more than average pay, you have to be better than average at your job. You get paid what you're worth, and if you show your bosses that you're worth more, you're more likely to get paid more.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Show that you're a lot more skilled than the average person in the position.

• martin
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You have to go to the boss and ask him this question. Usually companies have a budget and can't go over it, but maybe they need someone to do some extra work that you could do in addition to working in your skill range. By volunteering for doing a little of that other kind of work they are looking for, you could up your salary.

• 5 months ago

It depends how you have worked for them. If you work for significant amount of time. Then I would suggest asking them

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Ummm...you did that wrong. You're supposed to research the pay BEFORE you take the time and money to learn all those special skills you have.

• 5 months ago

Instead of focusing on an increase in pay in this role, you would look for jobs that are an advancement.

• 5 months ago

If the average pay for your position is crappy, then you should look for a different, one that has higher average pay.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.