I fell and now have a swollen knee. Used ice pack, but it is still swollen.?

I had the ice pack on for several hours - now have heating pad - should that take care of the problem?

can you move it freely? what I mean is that if you can move it without any noises or any locking feeling. if not, you need to go check it out with your doctor. I would try RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. I been having a problem with my knee after falling of my bike, and after many months of resting and PT I was diagnosed with a torn meniscus. so, I'm facing surgery. I hope you feel better soon!

• Laura5 months agoReport

Thank you so much --- I appreciate your response. Yes I can move it - walk pretty good - very little pain (take Tylenol Arthritis) and put ice packs on it. I'm 82 years old and get around pretty good, but have stayed in my recliner since this happened late yesterday.
      Thank you.

• k w

apple cider vinegar damp rag on swollen part for 20 min at a time.....

No heat in the first two days makes swelling worse. It takes time for swelling to go down.

• Laura5 months agoReport

Should I only use the ice packs?

A black eye don’t go away within a day. It’s a process