Upon charging my cell phone, it went from 17 percent charge to 83 percent in 20 seconds. Why?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • SRΛSC
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Don't have a proper explanation but clearly something is wrong there. Could try again to see if it happens again after a while. If so, I'd recommend changing the battery if possible.

• 5 months ago

I agree with Olive. You can try letting it discharge completely and then charge it with the cable plugged into a computer or other very low voltage USB. You want to charge it slowly.

• Olive
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Sounds like battery is bad. Tho could possibly calibrate the battery by letting it drain completely till it shuts off then charge back up to 100 percent then let it drain completely again then finally charge to 100 percent. "Hopefully" this helps refresh the battery n helps to not drain so quickly

• spacemissing
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

There is No basis in reality Whatsoever for this Outlandish, Ridiculous idea. Batteries don't react that way. PERIOD.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I thought you had more knowledge. You've been a member for over 10 years, and you're still wondering how charging works.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

You probably fell asleep.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.