Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 5 months ago

would you allow your kid to watch the older Disney movies that are now considered controversial and offensive in many ways?

like Dumbo, Lady and the Tramp, the original Aladdin, the Little Mermaid etc. Or make sure they avoid them and let them be in the ash heap of history?

The remakes have less mistakes and. Hipper jokes for adults of the new generation.

• Hannah

What exactly is offensive about them?

Sure. Because I don't care about the controversy. Plus, they are great stories and kids who are interested in them don't even understand the concepts that adults find controversial, thus are unaffected by any of it.

• Moya

Yep

My daughter watched when she was little

i would let them watch them, but if i saw something in them that i thought was offensive or not appropriate, then i would try to censor it until they got older, or at least point out that it's not okay.

I don't care what other people consider them.

Young children DO NOT read that much meaning into a CARTOON.

I will maintain my Disney collection and my children will watch them whenever they want to.

Then it will be up to them if they let their children watch. (I will respect my children's wishes when they are adults even if I don't agree with them)

Whenever I watched Lady And The Tramp, I always was left wondering who was the real tramp. Trash heap of history is fine with me.

• JonZ

Of course. I'm not a liberal extremist who thinks that Dumbo is racist , but its okay to have a transexual hermaphrodite, non-binary character that hates white males!

It's not an ash heap. They are fine. Chill. Stop It. Get some help.

Sho ra2yak I'll have no summer break and I