My shoe s paint transferred to my motorcycle s side cover. How do I remove it?

• don r

WD40 and a soft cloth will remove the stain.

Try spray furniture polish and some elbow grease - it contains a mild solvent which will help lift the shoe print. Or go for a mild cutting polish. You shouldn't need anything more abrasive than that.

• Tim D

Probably a couple of bolts, maybe a clip with a grommet. Old toothbrush and some toothpaste, gentle circular motions.

• Tim D

Could be the side cover of a C90, one hand turned bolt. Come on Duck it could be any flipping part.

Undo the lace and pull down at the heel

#24 grit on a rotory disc, gone is seconds.

Shoe polish? Paint thinner on a rag.

Going to Church? Yeah, happened to me. Toe of Oxfords got dulled from the shift lever.

A polished or chromed gearbox or timing cover, or enamelled? Polished/chromed; use Gunk and a soft cloth. Might need Mother's polish. If enamelled, use hot soapy water and soft rag. Rise with distilled. Use McGuire's wax. Maybe some Turtle polishing compound if soapy water does not work.

• JetDoc

Get the engine up to operating temperature and then just wipe it off with a dry cotton rag.

Remove it with T-Cut available from most auto stores... if you mean the crankcase then use turpentine.