dead asked in Social ScienceSociology · 5 months ago

why do people hate vegans?

Vegans make them feel bad about their carnivorous ways. Guilty. So they shoot the messenger. Easier than changing

People hate vegans because they are different, new, not normal. Because people hear stories about how a vegan was rude to someone and then label all vegans as rude and cruel to those who are not. They hate vegans because of rumors, because they are trying to make changes, and people fear change. However, vegans are just people. And they should not be defined by what they eat. They are still human. We are all human. People with vegan or vegetarian diets are the same as people who are omnivores. It is just a lifestyle choice. And they should be accepted and respected just as much as everyone else. Everyone wants to change the world in some way and be healthy as well, and those with vegan diets are trying to help the planet in their own way, while it may not be the same as switching to metal straws and going to the gym every day, they are doing so by helping reduce the amount of animals suffering and eating food that is less processed. So please treat them the same way you want to be.

Well because they’re like jehovah witnesses, they hound the f**k out of anyone who don’t share the same views as them

• LOL! annoying aren’t they. You’d think they would take the hint by now and stop bothering people about it.
      I think the most hilarious thing I heard was when a load of people believed the rapture was coming so they sold their homes and other personal possessions etc.. then were completely f**ked

your menu is boring and predictable

I don't think people hate vegans. I think they hate people who impress their views on everyone whether they want to hear it or not and some vegans just happen to do this. Also it take a lot of self control to be a vegan. You have to be incredibly passionate about what you believe in and those who are passionate usually want to spread their views one way or another. My opinion anyway, I'm not vegan but have many friends who are.

Not all people hate them I don't I just think each to there own.

Bc they love telling ppl how theyre vegan and we dnt give af.. always guna eat meat

Not everyone does, but when they do I assume they're thinking that vegans have a bit of a self-righteous vibe about them... like even putting themselves above vegetarians, the original non-meat eaters... like they had to qualify something "better" and set themselves apart from people who are more similar to them than those who just eat.

That is a guess - I don't hate vegans.

I used to fast twice a week and I still only eat once a day - so I understand what it's like to be very stringent about what a person eats or how often.

I think that the reason that some feel that way is because some vegans have a very condescending attitude as though they were born Vegan or something. Just like smokers that stop, then criticize those that still do. It is hypocritical to take on an air of moral superiority for something that you yourself were once guilty of, in my opinion. I don't hate people that behave as I have described but I do tend to ignore them which is the whole point. If you have a message that you think is important enough to share with people it seems that having a bad presentation of that message works against you. But I guess if you are only motivated by boosting your self-esteem it really doesn't matter but it sure puts you motivation in question!

They impose their ways of life on others and want special treatment the same way gays do.