Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 5 months ago

Is smallpox making a comeback?

I heard somewhere that somebody told me that smallpox was making a comeback and I don't know if it's true or not, I heard somewhere that it was making a comeback!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • marty
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Best answer

It's another climate change scare tactic. They say it may come back if the Siberian permafrost thaws but I have my doubts. Every time they speak of climate change it's always might, maybe or it could happen, nobody knows for sure.

• Roddy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Smallpox was totally eradicated worldwide in the wild back in the 1960s. Samples were kept in very secure conditions in 2 or 3 labs around the world.

The only way that smallpox could come back s if one of the countries with lab samples deliberately broke international law and released it into the wild.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Officially it's eradicated, and two or three labs in the world still have some stored.

• Sal*UK
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Its been eradicated for some 40 years now (however I'm sure it could come back under some circumstances)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

It will be making a comeback among the AntiVaxers. Protect your children and get them vaccinated now!

• Sal*UK
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Absolutely - this is how it was gotten rid of in the first place.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.