DO YOU THINK ITS RIGHT AND LAWFUL TO LOCK A TEENAGER IN THEIR BEDROOM AS A PUNISHMENT ?

I am a teenager, when my parents try to ground me for bad behaviour, I ALWAYS sneak out, you see I DONT DO groundings, my parents said my attitude stinks, well I don't give a ****, I do what I want to do when I want to do, last week my parents warned me unless my behaviour improves, they will have no option but to lock me up ?

I said you can STICK it its against my human rights etc, to my horror when I got home from school on Friday I was escorted to my room an LOCKED IN I was kept locked up ALL weekend I was only let out for the bathroom and I had to eat in my room, I wasn't allowed ANY entertainment, I was only let out for school on Monday morning, my parents said they had no option but to lock me up for my own safety as well as to punish IS THIS FAIR ?

I think that you need to sit down and think about your situation in an intelligent way, and not like a rebellious teenager who resents being told what to do.

When you reside in another persons house who looks after you, cares for you, and who has always done so, it is considered normal and polite to follow the rules instigated by them. When you move out of that environment, then you can make your own rules.

If yo wish to be a free agent, you can takes steps to become one right now. Tell your parents that you intend to move out, and do so. Realise what this will mean, and the best of luck for you will need it.

Alternatively, follow the rules expected of you until you DO move out, after that you can please yourself.

Simple isn't it.

No. That's insane, to be honest.

Change your behavior and you won't need to worry yourself about not liking your punishment. Either you were spoiled rotten when you were younger or you antagonized them so much that it was easier to give in to you than to put up with you. If either one is the case, shame on them. Since your a teenager, your old enough to know good behavior from bad. Change your way's. Reading your post, you come across as rude and your lucky your not my kid. Start treating your parent's with respect, it will get you far.

Locking somebody in a room against their will is called 'unlawful imprisonment'. Your parents could get in trouble.

This is considered child abuse. If you can not get out of your room, even to use the bathroom, contact the authorities. It is against the law to hold someone in a room. Your parents could be charged with child endangerment or child negligence. If there was a fire, you couldn’t get out. Speak to your parents about this issue, highlighting your concerns and how it is against the law. If they agree to stop, don’t do anything about it. If they don’t stop, call 911. It is definitely an emergency. I highly recommend you post something on Avvo, a site where you can get free advice from lawyers. They can help you figure the right thing to do.

• I am allowed out to use the bathroom, I have to knock on my bedroom door and wait to be unlocked, I am then escorted to and from the bathroom, I am then locked back in my room

I would have waited until you snuck out, called the cops, and let you sit in juvy for a while

as a wise man once said, fuk them kids

• Joe

Are you an idiot or just working at it ? Go join the army and think about maybe one day becoming a man. You know, with some dignity and common sense.

Would you prefer them to beat you with a stick instead?

If it's making your upset enough to type in allcaps, then it's a good corrective measure to get you to sort yourself out.

Parents are allowed to discipline their kids. If you will not stay grounded and sneak out, what are they suppose to do? Consider the alternative to them locking you in. They could lock you out. They could if they wanted, take you down to Child Protective Services and say you are out of control, they are scared of you and put you up for adoption. Think that would be better for you? You need to live by their rules in their house. If you do not like it, move out. Go live on the street. You can not expect that they house you, feed you, cloth you, provide you with a phone, TV, etc and think you can do damn near anything you want. Sounds to me like you need a serious attitude adjustment, you are not too old to spank.

• I am allowed out for bathroom breaks, but I have to eat in my room, why is punishment so hard ?