Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 5 months ago

Why do people treat 9/11 like it was the biggest tragedy in the world?

I understand it was a terrible event. But terrible things happen all the time. People dying. People get sick. Wars happen. All these things happen. 9/11 is just another bad thing that has happened in the world. It's not something that has something particular about it. World War 1 and World War 2 were much worse than it. But people don't seem to look back at that as being as bad. I mean, people are so very extremely sensitive on 9/11. But don't appear to be as sensitive on World War 1 or World War 2. Why is this?

I'd say because it's within the lifetime of the majority alive. Most of us didn't experience WWII, many of us didn't experience Vietnam. We have no emotional connection. 9/11 has an emotional connection, especially since America has been a more depressed society since 9/11 happened. This all makes the tragedy of 9/11 a marketable subject for the media.

No white southerners died on 9/11 so it wasn't a tragedy actually.

Who's the people doing that? I dont see it.