Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 5 months ago

What language do they speak in New Mexico?

I’m from Texas but I will be going to New Mexico with my family soon for a short trip. Is their official language Spanish? Can I get around if I only know English?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

They speak English and Spanish, probably a whole lot who tries to speak English there but has a heavy accent

• 5 months ago

Officially English, but a decent amount of Spanish is spoken there by the population. Kind of like Texas and Arizona and southern California.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Either you are not from Texas [lying] or abysmally ignorant or cognitively impaired [needing help], or most likely playing the fool [trolling].

• 5 months ago

New Mexico is an US states, so they speak English ....

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • susan
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Most speak English there.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

They speak Spanish in Mexico so they must speak New Spanish in New Mexico.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

English, nobody in the US speaks Spanish. This is a country built by people who speak only English.

• Catherine
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

◘ Note: Very before Europeans, Viking in 1492 started to colonize some little parts of North America.
      It's in 1750 for the European countries.

• TB12
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I would really like to think this is some sort of juvenile joke but, as one that also lives in Texas, I have known people here that thought New Mexico was a foreign country,,,,, so maybe you're being honest here,,,, if so, the schools have greatly failed you.

• 5 months ago

The constitution of New Mexico specifies that there are two official languages, English and Spanish.

An English only speaker would have no problem in New Mexico.

• 5 months ago

its english stupid

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.