Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 5 months ago

What language do they speak in New Mexico?

I’m from Texas but I will be going to New Mexico with my family soon for a short trip. Is their official language Spanish? Can I get around if I only know English?

They speak English and Spanish, probably a whole lot who tries to speak English there but has a heavy accent

Officially English, but a decent amount of Spanish is spoken there by the population. Kind of like Texas and Arizona and southern California.

Either you are not from Texas [lying] or abysmally ignorant or cognitively impaired [needing help], or most likely playing the fool [trolling].

New Mexico is an US states, so they speak English ....

• susan

Most speak English there.

They speak Spanish in Mexico so they must speak New Spanish in New Mexico.

English, nobody in the US speaks Spanish. This is a country built by people who speak only English.

• Catherine

◘ Note: Very before Europeans, Viking in 1492 started to colonize some little parts of North America.
      It's in 1750 for the European countries.

• TB12

I would really like to think this is some sort of juvenile joke but, as one that also lives in Texas, I have known people here that thought New Mexico was a foreign country,,,,, so maybe you're being honest here,,,, if so, the schools have greatly failed you.

The constitution of New Mexico specifies that there are two official languages, English and Spanish.

An English only speaker would have no problem in New Mexico.

its english stupid