Trinity asked in PetsDogs · 5 months ago

How do I get my dog to quit biting people as they walk into the house?

Favorite Answer

Most of the answers here are absolutely disgusting! I assume you’re an adult, so the top answer is completely false! Children CAN own property if they pay for it. To get your dog to stop biting, train him/her! Let your dog nip at you. If you say “NO!” Or “OW!” In a firm manner, your dog will eventually understand that they’re hurting someone by biting them. Hope this helps! I trained my 8 month old Golden Retriever to stop biting by doing this and it worked!

• P

It is so obvious that you have no control over your dog! If you were pack leader then one command from you to your dog and the dog would go into submission and back off when people walk into your home!

Like others have said on here, you need to find a personal trainer as soon as possible! In the meantime, if someone knocks on your door or is going to enter your house, make sure you lock your dog away in a secure room first!

Beat him into submission. What, is it rocket science?

Train him. Some trainers cost thousands, but in the long end it will be worth it. Sooner or later someone will sue you. In the end you would probably save money, if sued :/. Ask friends/family if they know of any good trainers. If not, look online and find a GOOD one, with many reviews and many positive reviews.

if the dog was put down that will stop him from biteing

Muzzle with shock collar at maximum setting.

Spank its behind.. all my animals are well disciplined

Get rid of it. If your stupid dog bit me, I'd kill it.

Does he bite everyone who comes through the door? Even household members?

Is this a large or small dog?

Why isn't the dog socialized?

Why is the dog biting?

You should have taught him not to bite when he was 8 weeks old.

Do you have a backyard? Put the dog out there when you know someone is coming over.

A total lack of any training. Lack of socialization. Probably lacks enough exercise, too. It is just a dog until it is trained. Most people don't get the proper training or think they 'know' what to do & 'how' to do it. They don't.

This dog has been neglected & is out of control with the owner to blame. Hindsight is now telling you the problem & now you got to fix it. Now you got to teach it not to bite & that is hard cause the dog has been allowed to do so, over & over again & again. When are you going to put a stop to it? Who is training who?

google

stop dog from biting

stop canin aggression

working with an aggressive dog

tame the aggressive dog

& anything else that you think may apply.

First step is to put him on a leash or in a crate so he simply cannot bite people. That may save you from being sued or having animal control seize your dog.

Next step is to find a trainer, because biting is not the real issue. It's symptom of inadequate training.