My Sony vixia hfs100 Cannot record in MXP/FXP?

I have a SANDDISK EXTREME PRO SD card that can record up to 100MBPS but when I put inside of my camcorder. It will not record.

Update:

I have a SANDDISK EXTREME PRO SD card that can record up to 100MBPS but when I put inside of my camcorder. It will not record in MXP/FXP Mode. It can record in any other mode but FXP TAKES 17MBPS & MXP TAKES 24MBPS. The card can record up to 100MBPS. Am I misising something here?

P.S.: If you read this before I updated please forgive me as I did not proof read my question. Thank You.

Attachment image

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Mmm J
    Lv 7
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Nothing wrong with the camcorder - You're using the wrong flash memory card.

Suggestion: Download and read the manual:

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/9/0300001969/02/hfs10-...

Page 41 shows which cards and speeds are supported. This means if using something different than what's documented works, then great - but if it does not, then, bummer.

Specifically... Your SanDisk ExtremePro microSD card is Class 3 (Note the 3 in the U). Recording @ MXP or FXP requires Class 4 or higher. "When you buy a new memory card, look for the Speed Class logo on the package."

It is possible that if you use a Class 4 micro card in an SD adapter, that will work just fine... But Class 3 speed, regardless of the speed you called out, is not supported...

• ...Show all comments
    • Tamara7 months agoReport

adapter clearly states it on the card itself. I understand I am using a class 3. I am going to try and class for I have noticed alot better quality and resolution with the class 3 vs a normal SD card.

• 6 months ago

All of your answers are in the manual.

• 7 months ago

To be clear, you're saying you can write to the card in the other 3 recording modes? My guess would be the card adapter is causing the problem. You may get it to work by using a different one, but using micro SD cards in cameras / camcorders is very unreliable.

• ...Show all comments
    • Iridflare
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

I didn't say anything about it being the wrong adapter - ALL adapters can be a problem! Your card is UHS class 3 - not the same as class 3!

• 7 months ago

Wrong kind of card.

Read

The

Owner's

Manual

to find out what types and capacities of cards are compatible

and use ONLY those that fit within the specified parameters.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 months ago

That camcorder only supports SDHC cards. O assume you are using an SDXC card which the camera won't recognize.

adapter clearly states it on the card itself. I understand I am using a class 3. I am going to try and class for I have noticed alot better quality and resolution with the class 3 vs a normal SD card.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Um okay, why are you telling us. This site is for asking questions. If you want to post random crap and erroneously place a question mark at the end then go to Facebook or Twitter.

Update:

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.