Tenants want money for their renovations after moving out. What are my rights?

I was renting out a 2 bedroom home to a young couple with a baby. Shortly after moving in they asked if they could do some renovations including, a chandelier in the dining room, painting the walls and ceiling in the bedrooms, putting carpet in their sons room and hardwood floors in the kitchen, replacing the... show more I was renting out a 2 bedroom home to a young couple with a baby. Shortly after moving in they asked if they could do some renovations including, a chandelier in the dining room, painting the walls and ceiling in the bedrooms, putting carpet in their sons room and hardwood floors in the kitchen, replacing the bathroom countertop around the sink.. I did agree that it was okay as long as we can agree on their choices of colour etc. There was no agreement that I would pay them back for this upon moving. I did say they could remove the chandelier as long as they replaced it with another light fixture but they said they want me to pay for an electrician to remove it. They’ve withheld 3 months rent due to this, they had said they were having money issues and couldn’t pay it right away, I said they could pay me once their finances were in order but having a discussion they decided just to move out and now are withholding this rent as well as threatening to sue me for their “damages” what are my rights as a landlord?