Why do relatively a higher percentage of people who are homosexual, bisexual, feminists etc. have colored hair?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

I think a lot of it has to do with the culture that comes with being lgbt+. Because queer people have not been accepted they’ve been forced to form communities around their orientations and genders for survival, which has led to there being a more defined culture and society that mainly belongs to queer people.

And as a lot of the queer identity comes with “what I am/want is unacceptable to mainstream people” it goes to follow that you would do other things that separate you from the mainstream and identify you with your community. I think that might be one of the reasons why say, lesbians might wear flannel and queer boys might act feminine.

But also it just looks good, so why not?

• 5 months ago

Where did you get that idea ? What color is your hair Tim ?

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Do they though? Most gay and bi people I know have their hair natural. Or at least a natural color.

• Tyler
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

I imagine it's because once someone finds the confidence to be open about their identity, they feel more confidence with less common forms of self-expression in general. Could also be a marker, in a way? Like they know dyed hair is common with LGBT people, so they dye their hair to quickly let others know they're open-minded?

As a bisexual person, I'm actually not entirely sure aha, these are just a few guesses. I personally don't have dyed hair and think it only looks good when the person has a solid idea of what they're doing.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

I think it's about being beautiful on the outside. People struggle you know. Let them be

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Good God are you really that dense?

First, virtually all women color their hair at one point or another, often for decades at a time.

Second, what difference does it make?

• 5 months ago

All hair is colored except for albino.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

They tend to spend a lot of money having their hair dyed.

• 5 months ago

perverts are bolder

• 5 months ago

Because of insanity in the crew.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.