Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 4 months ago

My kid got accepted to Standford and signed up to go. He recently decided to give up his seat and register at a community college. What..?

Should I do? I know the offer wasn’t taken back.He also decided to move out into an apartment and didn’t tell me he was until move in day.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • juliet
    Lv 4
    4 months ago
    Best answer

Yes, your kid ca do whatever he wants, but this sudden change without any warning is very alarming and concerning. Make sure he’s okay. Is it cold feet about going to big university? Did he meet a girl he wants to be close to/have more time for? What’s going on here? Please talk to him.

• 4 months ago

Who cares Stanford is expensive and also he has to move out etc so much stress and work.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Troll fail,dear.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

No he didn't. A mother whose son got into STANFORD would be able to spell the college.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Obviously, there's more going here. Your question is much larger than just about Stanford, do you have anyone to consult with who knows the situation? They are much better sources than we are for advice here.

• 4 months ago

Do nothing. Stanford is wildly expensive and doesn't actually give a person a career boost. Community college gives the same education at 1/100th the price.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Talk to your kid. Don't try to change their mind, don't question their decision. Just make sure they're OK.

• Jolene
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Your kid is an adult and can make his own decisions.

• 4 months ago

I know, it can break your heart but maintaining converzation -try.

"Why can`t they be like we were

Perfect in ev`ry way?"

I feel for you, to be candid.

• 4 months ago

"What we have here is a failure to communicate. " It is better to graduate from a community and state college than to flunk out of Stanford.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.