Fiance doesn t want my dream venue?

My mum showed me a potential venue and told me it was her dream for me to get married there. At first I was a little erked as she followed it up with it would break her heart if I didn t get married there. As for context, my mum is known as being controlling and we don t have the best relationship. She keeps... show more My mum showed me a potential venue and told me it was her dream for me to get married there. At first I was a little erked as she followed it up with it would break her heart if I didn t get married there. As for context, my mum is known as being controlling and we don t have the best relationship. She keeps jokingly annoying my fiance saying she s already booked it, but it never comes across as a harmless joke. Rather that she s being quite nasty about it.

I actually fell in love with the venue. I ve got pretty good at zoning out my mum and viewed the venue without her in mind and it is stunning. It s within budget, perfect location for us and our guests, the staff have been friendly and very helpful. It s perfect and I can t even imagine getting married anywhere else. It combines everything my partner and I wanted. He s been quite forthcoming with what he would want and this place has it all.

Only with my mother taunting him, he s getting more and more frustrated and he s digging his heels in. I will never pull the I m the bride and my parents are paying card as it s important to me that we both love the venue. But he doesn t even want to hear how much this venue means to me because he ll feel even more pressured and dig his heels in further - his words.

I genuinely cried imagining our wedding there and he s letting his stubbornness cloud his vision. He admits to that. I don t want to give up on my dream wedding because my fiance is openly being stubborn.

Advice?