Is 1 week notice justified in this situation?

I work for a plumbing/sewage company as helper. My current company misled me into believing that they could sponsor me to get my master plumbing license and then tried to fain ignorance when I called them out. In addition, I am constantly being put into positions where I’m working 60+ weeks with some days lasting... show more I work for a plumbing/sewage company as helper. My current company misled me into believing that they could sponsor me to get my master plumbing license and then tried to fain ignorance when I called them out.

In addition, I am constantly being put into positions where I’m working 60+ weeks with some days lasting 16+ hours (The worst ever was a 23 hour shift - they tried to do this to me again last week and I bluntly told them no). FYI they wanted me to work Tuesday from 3:30 am to 6:30 pm.

I’m scheduled for 3 Saturday shifts next month for the 2nd month straight, while some of the other helpers in the company don’t have any (They tell me it’s because I’m so “reliable” but quite frankly I don’t care anymore. I’m overworked and angry). To sum up my frustration, they routinely tell us about night jobs at the last minute/do not always take worker’s post-work plans into consideration.

Turnover is very high and the vast majority of employees (6 of 7 in the past year) have left with no notice of Resignation or were fired with no advanced notice (They made one employee who doesn’t have a car drive over an hour only to tell him that he can’t work and that he must undergo 30 days of drug counseling)

I am a model employee and am routinely used as an example for the other helpers - I’m never late and I often work the hardest.

Am I justified in only giving 1 week’s notice of resignation? This company has straight up drained me of all energy.