If I don't know the number to animal control in my area can I call 911 and ask them that question ?

Update: Thank you everybody :-) I did not know that there was a nonemergency phone number I just thought the police was 911 I didn't know there was such a number so I had to look up on Google what is the nonemergency number for blah Police Department and I called that number and they directed me so that was good I just... show more Thank you everybody :-) I did not know that there was a nonemergency phone number I just thought the police was 911 I didn't know there was such a number so I had to look up on Google what is the nonemergency number for blah Police Department and I called that number and they directed me so that was good I just had a question because my neighbor takes care of a stray cat and he thinks he belongs to her so she feeds it brings it inside at night but won't take it to the vet for anything
Update 2: And a few months back I mentioned that the cat had half of an ear missing and she said oh psht that's just him being a cat getting into cat fights you know how it is . Not my cat so I didn't do anything but cat seemed pretty okay. hes community cat. we all love him and give him treats but nobody... show more And a few months back I mentioned that the cat had half of an ear missing and she said oh psht that's just him being a cat getting into cat fights you know how it is . Not my cat so I didn't do anything but cat seemed pretty okay. hes community cat. we all love him and give him treats but nobody specifically owns him. he has a large golf ball size hole in neck that is extremely moldy. he looks tired &worn so I felt my duty 2call animal control they said will see what they can do tomorrow.