I put my CD that I want to play into my laptop, now what?

• Steven

If you want to play an audio CD in your computer then I recommend media player. Windows computers can be set to "auto-play" whatever you put in the drive but that feature is vulnerable to malware so it is not recommended. If the disk is a DVD then you need to run a DVD player program. If the CD is software then you need to run the setup.exe on the disk.

You have to check in the drive and play through it.

Open My computer and look below your hard drive. There would be an option DVD or D:. Double click on it and you will be able to see your Cd content.

Try useing ng a CD player or older radio with a CD player . better yet try using your DVD player that one always worked for me .

It depend on your computer specifications to play any kind of CD.

• what kind of laptop

Now wait when something happens

Mac laptop? A Windows DVD/CD might not work if it has an install program for that OS.

That is all that can be guessed from only "CD" and "laptop" with no details. Wasted question.

• It's best to go to "Control Panel" "Auto Play" and tick the box next to "Use AutoPlay for all media and devices" so next time the CD will automatically start playing.