Anonymous

Could how friendly someone is be a big factor in whether or not someone gets a job?

• Sam

Yes, I've interviewed hundreds of people for jobs in my tech area, and the interview begins when I shake hands with them outside the building. I'm evaluating their talking skills and how they communicate and speak whether they realize it or not. I need to make sure they will fit with the rest of the team and communicate properly with users. They still have to pass the tech part interview of course, but communication and speaking matters alot.

One guy started throwing in curse words while talking to me just with lingo talk, and he was out just from doing that. I dont care if anyone curses when we are out lunch after getting the job and working with me, I do it to, but you have to have common sense that going into an interview you dont talk like that. It made me wonder if maybe he would talk like that with our business areas just because he didnt have common sense on how to talk to me leading into the interview.

I really don't give a jjjjjjjj when it comes to work.

Yes, in some situations an outgoing demeanour is essential for the role.