Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 5 months ago

Should I be letting my kids watch South Park?

Seems like a harmless cartoon, but they end up watching it almost all day long... O.o

Kids are age: 9, 13, and 17 if that means anything.

South Park is actually not a harmless cartoon. Despite being animated, there is a lot of nudity and foul language. A lesson- be careful, and ALWAYS check the ratings.

9, absolutely not.

13, depends on maturity and what episodes (some are more appropriate than others).

17, yes.

In my opinion I think It's ok for your 17 and 13 year old to watch the show but the 9 year old, absolutely not.

• F

yeh, unless one is called Kenny. He might get upset because Kenny gets killed in every episode.

If you're letting them watch TV all day long, this will mess them up more than the content they see.

For the 17 year old, its probably okay. But for the other two no.

Why are you letting them watching tv (any show) all day long?

• Jill

You know you shouldn't. It's rated TV-MA and so the 9 & 13 year olds shouldn't be watching it. You shouldn't be letting them watch anything "almost all day long".

i would let thern if its harrnless

For the 17 year old it's perfectly okay, but the 9 and 13 year old are a little too young for that show in my opinion, it has a lot of adult things.