Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 5 months ago

I am on SSI, and have a city voucher for rent assistance. I am getting married, but my wife works, and lives in the Dominican Republic.?

5 Answers

  • 5 months ago

    So, when she moves report her income.

  • 5 months ago

    You will ave to report her income.

  • R P
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

    Yes, the government will find out about the fraud you are committing. At the very least, you will lose your rental could be prosecuted for the fraud.

  • 5 months ago

    Yes, they WILL find out and they will charge you with fraud and throw you in prison. When your "family income" changes, you are "required" to report that to the place where you are getting the rental assistance from. They may or may not decide to reduce your assistance, but you still have to report your change in income. Why don't you move to the DR to be with her? That sounds like a great adventure.

    Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

    Is she staying in the DR? why don't you move there.

    yes her income counts against you, doesn't matter if she lives here or not. You can ask for a waiver for housing is she if not living there---but its an odd situation might not be a reg for it, but her income should count against your SSI

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.