Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 5 months ago

ID confiscated by police after lending to friend under 21?

I lent a friend who is 19 my id to enter a bar. ( I was not present at the time of the incident) They were stopped by a bouncer and admitted it was not their id. They were told to leave but stopped by a police officer immediately after. They got a citation and told to call for a court date. The police officer took my id as evidence. What are the consequences for each of us. Will they be able to just pay the fine without further consequences? Will I be contacted my the police? Will this affect either of our records?

Why did you loan your ID to a friend just to go into a bar? He had no business going into the bar without a parent or legal guardian. You need to go to court with him and explain to the Judge on what you did. IT was a good thing that the bouncer was doing his/her job did tell him to leave. If he was served alcohol and by a bartender, and if the state were to walk in, (they can come in at any time day or night) and they question him about his age and the bar could lose their liquor license.

IF they claim they STOLE your ID, you may not face charges for ID fraud yourself.

Legally, you just confessed to attempting to provide alcohol to a minor.