Can your car be tracked by authorities and the government through your dashcam with GPS ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

not really...but it depends...i think there are cars that can be connected to mobile wifi or something which can control the operations of the vehicle..

• Neil
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Anything that can send data can be tracked - so Sat-Nav with an internet connection for traffic, a mobile phone, a car with telematics.

I'm not aware of a dashcam with the ability to send data - sending the cam's video feed would take too much bandwidth to be practical, and there is nothing else the dashcam gathers that would be useful. However, it is possible that some very-high-spec dashcams may have some additional features that require some form of connection. A standard dashcam cannot be tracked.

If you do not want to be tracked, don't use a mobile phone.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

No. Your GPS does not have a transmitter in it.

However, there are dashcams available that DO transmit that are used on commercial vehicles.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Probably not. A standard GPS device RECEIVES GPS signals. It DOES NOT transmit them for tracking purposes.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Why be concerned about it?

They already track you with your cell phone 24/7.

• Steve5 months agoReport

No they don't, because my phone is pay as you go and Not registered, plus I use a VPN

• Phil M
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Not all cars have GPS. The ones that do can be tracked. GPS tracking has nothing to do with a dashcam.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

If your car has GPS, yes they can track you.

• 5 months ago

Yup.................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.