Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 5 months ago

How will it be explained that Charles will give her the title Her Majesty Queen Camilla when the public was told Camilla would not be Queen?

The public was told she would be Princess Consort instead of Queen. How will Charles explain it to the public that she will instead be Her Majesty Queen Camilla? How will Charles and Camilla avoid any backlash over changing what the public was originally told?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Best answer

Camilla had rotten eggs thrown at her in a supermarket once it was revealed she was sleeping with Charles behind Dianas back work it our for yourself

• voice
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Rotten eggs were thrown at her i don't know where they got them from the women probably knew which days she shopped there and came prepared

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I remember it on the news when they got married, though it said she may be Princess Consort not will be, it was along the lines of possibly and she would officially be Queen Consort but not use the title, like she doesn't use Princess if Wales now but she legally is. Nothing is definite though, we shall have to wait and see what she is going to use as a title.

• 5 months ago

Queen Elizabeth's husband Philip, is not a king; nor will the future king's wife be a queen - even if it were his previous wife, Lady Di.

It just doesn't work that way in the British monarchy.

• Clo
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

The correct protocol is that a woman assumes the titles and styles of her royal husband. Men, however, must have their own titles since men don't assume titles and styles of their wives. The wife of a king is a QUEEN CONSORT.

• Rico
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

Charles won’t 'give' her the title of Queen. When the time comes, it will be automatically acquired, as the monarchs Consort.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Charles answers to nobody, the minute he is king she is queen, nobody can stop that.

• Clo
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

An anonymous asker again asks that same question yet again! You have a problem since you can't stop re-asking the same questions over and over again. It is time to seek medical help.

At the time of Camilla's announcement for choice of titles to be known by, it was explained by experts in royal protocol and history that there was no title as "Princess Consort" used in Britain. It was explained that a woman assumes titles and styles of her husband. It was also mentioned that Camilla was just trying to let people know that, she, Camilla, knew that she could not take the place of Diana.

In 2010, Charles was asked about Camilla's future titles and he said that she might be Queen Consort. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-11800849

Charles also said only time will tell. Time changes things.

Titles are announced at succession.

It is only the rabid, ill-informed Diana-fanatics who will care.

• 5 months ago

I'd suspect nobody, other than a few here who won't let the Diana-thing drop, really cares what Camilla is called, if/when Charles comes to the throne. I have more pressing problems to take care of than to stress about what might never happen!! Or even if it does.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Charles won't have to explain anything. Even princes are allowed to change their minds. And there was never any official announcement anyway - just speculation.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I don't suppose many people are that bothered about it.

• 5 months ago

People are past remembering things that have been put down the Memory Hole.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.