Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 months ago

Going 1 month without carbs?

I didn’t realize my husband is taking blood pressure meds, he’s been hiding it from me. His weight is really bad and he doesn’t exercise. He’s a heart attack waiting to happen. I want to eliminate all carbs from the house for 1 month to show him if he does eat real food, not overly processed breads and pastas, that he can lose weight. Problem is we have 4 active kids ages 13 & 14. Going carb free for a month should be ok for them right? If anything it’ll help reinforce making healthy food choices over crackers and cereals.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Carbs/fat etc are not the problem (trans fats may be another issue).

Its generally too many calories per day thats the issue along with a lack of fibre/vitamins etc that causes issues.

Simple carbs like sugary sweets/drinks are generally hich calorie foods that don't satisfy hunger, outside of endurance sports like long distance running/cycling these carbs should only come from fruit.

Complex carbs like starches are better as they are digested slower which helps with hunger (fats/proteins are still better for stopping hunger) and release sugars more slowly leading to less of a sugar spike.

• patty
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

u don't need to go carb free, just have more vegetables and less fatty food. encourage him to have fruit.

• 7 months ago

Carbs? Carbs aren't causing his health issues, saturated fats and trans fats are.

If you must fry, use olive oil instead of vegetable oil, get lots of chicken in the house and load him up on chicken breast. Make him smoothies in the morning with greek yoghurt, fruits and spirulina.

Surely, carbs cause weight gain- especially sugary snacks. But stay away from the unhealthy fats and get him some good olive oil.

• 7 months ago

Not a good idea for a few reasons . Going carb free in itself is very good idea ,but in practice not possible to do and also not recommendable to do it for one month .It has to be permanent or not at all .

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.