Do some empathetic individuals have the ability to convince others that they hate them without using the word hate just make them feel it?

If so, what's the mindset of the character who hates my main character? He really doesn’t know me well enough to hate me. For so long, every time I have tried to reach out to him, he made me feel like I was pointless and that I’m someone who’s not worth getting to know personally. Circumstances have always... show more If so, what's the mindset of the character who hates my main character? He really doesn’t know me well enough to hate me. For so long, every time I have tried to reach out to him, he made me feel like I was pointless and that I’m someone who’s not worth getting to know personally. Circumstances have always stood in between us which is understandable but it affected me pretty badly. I’m not asking this question to receive responses from people bashing him because he is not a bad guy, he is a person with a heart of gold and I know that because I have seen how he treats other women many times. I guess my real question is if circumstances like relationships kept him distant from me for a reason? Maybe feelings?