How to compromise with my husband on planning for the weekend?

My husband never plans anything fun for us to do on weekend that we all like. He knows I love family outings, our 10 yr old is always game, we just have to introduce new things or places to go to him. My husband is just content to sit on the couch and watch tv all day. I don't have any friends with young kids... show more My husband never plans anything fun for us to do on weekend that we all like. He knows I love family outings, our 10 yr old is always game, we just have to introduce new things or places to go to him. My husband is just content to sit on the couch and watch tv all day. I don't have any friends with young kids to plan stuff with. When I tell my husband we should go out, he says we can go to the beach. I don't enjoy going to the beach. I like going to the city where there are different things to see. We live 40 minutes to Los Angeles. He grew up in LA. He was not like this before I married him.