Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 4 months ago

Why do answers to questions on here now need to be 15 characters and precede with an annoying captcha?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Ala
    Lv 4
    4 months ago

It's Yahoo's plan to get rid of trolls.

• Ben
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Because this site wants more detailed answers instead of simple one worded answers, plus they want to make sure you are a human being and not a bot.

Lv 7
    4 months ago

The character minimum is to reduce point gaming, and improve the quality of the site. Since YA was designed for knowledge seeking questions, few of such can be appropriately answered in under 15 characters.

The reCaptcha is to reduce spam bot postings, which it has done. On days you have to pass through few captchas, you'll often see more bot posts on the site (such as the Yahoo hotline bots in the Yahoo Products category).

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Yahoo has Just Added a Character Limit Its to Improve Answer Quality to Stop people from Putting Useless Answers like 1 Word or Letter ETC

As far as the Captcha goes

It's To Prove that you are a Human being and Not a Bot something new that Yahoo is Testing out Yahoo is trying to Control Spam and Bots and such Its not just you thats seeing them a lot of Other Users are starting to see it come up

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

It was supposedly the answer to the Chinese Bots.....but quite frankly, the Chinese Bots did not impede me from using the site.

The "cure" is worse than the bots.

• 4 months ago

They are testing new spam fighting measures. It takes just a few extra seconds for each question or answer. They have to do something to prevent bots who can take down the sight for days or weeks at a time. Quora is the alternative if you don;'t like it.

• Sharon
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

It is a new anti-spam measure to prove that you are a human and not a bot. It is being used to fight spam on the site.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

There were peopIe spamming... Last year for exampIe, most of the questions were in Chinese for some time because of Chinese spam bots. No one had any idea what they were saying, and it just pushed English questions farther down the list in every section.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

I know you have to start elongated word lmao

• 4 months ago

The new rules of Yahoo answers. Every one does. But some questions I answer don't require that one I had a few that require four recaptcha

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.