Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 5 months ago

Why won't Mexico crack down on the cartel, like how America cracked down on the mafia during the 1930s?

The mafia and the cartel are similar in way on how they use bribes and use threats, & thrive in the inner cities.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

A. They don't have nearly the money the cartels have. B. They and/or their families will be murdered if they dare stand up to them. What's the problem? Americans buying their drugs - that's the only problem. I don't how how many conservatives I know that think nothing of buying an "8 ball" for the weekend, then complain about mexicans all day. Who the f*** do they think is supplying that coke?

• 5 months ago

What do you hope to accomplish? State your goals and maybe someone from a cartel will work with you. Otherwise, people probably don't like being cracked down on.

• 5 months ago

The US didn't defeat the so called mafia, the criminal element in this country got smarter and has learned how to operate within the system. The Cartels operate in smaller units and Mexico is pretty much controlled ny them.

• 5 months ago

Mexico is smaller and poorer than the USA. The USA didn't defeat the Mafia in the 30s, and is still coping with powerful crime syndicates.

Americans bear more than a little responsibility for enriching the drug cartels with our insatiable appetite for illegal drugs.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Cos the Mafia did not disappear in the 1930s – so perhaps that is not the best example to follow.

• 5 months ago

Mexico does crack down on cartel actually. However you gotta remember they are a poor country and dont have enough resources to crack down on them sufficiently.

• 5 months ago

Because there are hundreds of millions of dollars involved. Are you stupid?

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

The Mexican government does not have the resources to do that. Many Democratic candidates support giving aide to the Mexican government to do exactly what you are saying.

Source(s): SAT score higher than 9 out of 10 students at my grade level. That correlates with an IQ of 117, which is two points higher than that of John F Kennedy, who is widely considered to be one of our best presidents.
    • Sunday Crone
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

117 is not all that high an IQ score, in fact the average is only 100, Kennedy had a score of 119, Gore about 133, so obvious IQ and presidency do not correlate necessarily, but then my IQ as an Adult was only 145

• Bob
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Because the cartel owns the gov.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.