em asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 5 months ago

13 year old physical exam female???? Please help meee?

I am so nervous. My dad is going to be there and we are not close at all. And to make the matters worse, my sister will be there too and we don’t get along at all. I have never been with my dad before and I think I’m over reacting a lot. Last time I had an exam my doctor touched my boobs for about 30 seconds and looked down there. (I had to get fully undressed). I absolutely hate the idea of being in a room with them and now I have to be fully naked too??(my sister and my dad fight multiple times a day and they end up punching and leaving the house. I am really nervous and my dad doesn’t even know I have my period. Not to mention but if they see me naked my sister will laugh and torment me for the rest of my life and my dad would just stare at me. I feel sooooo uncomfortable even thinking about it. Btw my sister is younger. I really don’t want to do this and I hope someone can help me with this. ( my exam is in a couple days) thank you

Ask Dad and Sis to stay in the waiting room and request a female nurse to be your chaperone for the exam.

• Eva

Your dad does not have to be in the room and neither does your sister. The doctor should have a nurse with him however. You should also have a gown or drape to wear.

just tell the doctor you want to be alone when doing the physical

there is no reason for them to be in exam room

• mokrie

Tell the doctor you want privacy with only a nurse present. Your old enough to not have family watching.

At 13 you have the right to be alone in the room with the doctor. If you just ask for them to leave the room, the doctor will shoo them out.

Also it's standard procedure to have a woman (nurse) in the room. The doctor can get into trouble if it's just you and him.

If you tell the doctor or nurse that you are uncomfortable undressing in front of them she will ask them to leave the room.