Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 6 months ago

Do you care what other people think of you?

I'm curious to know how many people are massive people pleasers or if they don't care. I use to be the most caring about everyone's views of me until I learned that it was destroying me trying to keep up this self image that wasn't even me, also enslaving myself to not think and do what what others's wanted and holding back on what is genuine. I realize now that the way I stop caring is peoples opinions of me is to see that their views as subjective and not part of reality. If people insult me, it don't even bother me now as i don't believe the words to be true like I use too. I got called a ***** last week from a druggy on the streets for bumping into him by accident lol, but It didn't effect me in a way that it should hurt your feelings, which was brilliant for me. It's because I don't believe his comment to be factual and real, as if that word is on me or part of me. I love this new mindset. I would like to see everyone else views why you care what people think or why you do not care like me. Thanks

• Brian
    Favorite Answer

I have never cared what other may or may not think of me. Since I am the only one who has to live in my body, only I get a vote on what I like, say, or do. If someone does not like it, I don't see how that is "My Problem".

No, ..................

• Tony6 months agoReport

to others , and bare yourself by wittle it down , if it having a word lock in ther I got over ways wich caser it I near I got being punch in jaw then black of head then get close to my aunt and hold her, I just don't think if that the reason I had look away when baby exspon , it like that person go

i think we all do, but we can't let the negative thinkers win. it matters most to me what God, my family & friends think of me because they look to build me up & not tear me down.

• Mark

Not usually. The only time I ever do is if I am embarrassed, myself, like if I get dressed in the dark, only to find when I get to work, I am wearing the same model shoe, but of two different colours. Then I think "I hope no one thinks I dress like this ALL the time."

No I never cared at all.

I'm over 60 now and still do not care.

• 6 months agoReport

best way to be :)

• I care what my supporters and allies think. Other than that, strangers don't matter to me. I care what my supporters and allies think because they know me very well. It is devastating if they turn around spread lies about me.

• GEEGEE

I care less as I age. I'm 61 now, my parents are deceased and I don't live near my siblings but I do seem them every year. I don't go out of my way to annoy people but I don't jump thru hoops any more either.

• 6 months agoReport

That is how i am now :) I agree with the more you age you care less.

Yes. Too much.

I was raised/brainwashed to be a people-pleaser and it’s hard to un-learn these patterns.

Depends what they say and who says it. If someone whose opinion I respect says something descriptive of me that he or she seems to feel is accurate, and it's something unflattering that I didn't realize, that's an emergency. If they say something that is rejecting, then that hurts. If others say those things, I try to account for them - but it's always something to consider. Often it's dismissible, but not always.

I prefer they like me, but wont loose any

Sleep if they don’t.

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source:) Study Informal

No.

I only people please when it comes to money: taking care of business and family.