4 months ago

Yes Germans speak German.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Das ist richtig!

• Thomas
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

In school "Amtsdeutsch" (Official German) is taught, in real live, many dialects exist which sometimes cannot be understood some 50 Miles away. The main groups (from South to North, not a complete list), further subdivided frequently: Swiss German, Austrian, Bavarian, Suebian, Alemanian, Cologne (Kölsch), Rhine-Valley, Saxonian, Frisian, and "Platt" (Flat). Not frequently heard anymore are Silesian and Pomeranian, which are preserved in "Yiddish" (Jewish), which is another German dialect.

Source(s): German
  • Lôn
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yes...REAL Germans do...as real Italians speak Italian, real Spaniards speak Spanish and REAL Welshmen speak Welsh.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Yes, they do. In fact, German is the language with most speakers in the EU. Some Germans are also fluent in English (especially the youth) because it is mandatory in school (as in most EU countries).

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Is the Pope Catholic?

• John P
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Yes, as do Austrians and many Swiss people. (Switzerland has 4 official languages - French, German, Italian, Romansh.)

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

They do when I speak German to them...

• 5 months ago

Personally I'm wondering if they speak Chinese in China?

• Big Mama
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

There are hundreds of Chinese languages, and not all Chinese are fluent in the official one (Mandarin).

• 5 months ago

why not? yes, maybe not every German but... :)

• Catherine
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

German is THE official language. So they are supposed to know how speak it. I don't talk about the migrants of course, since they have to learn it ( normally ).

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.