How do I keep water bugs out of my apartment?

I just don't know what to do. It's not like I see a bunch of them all the time but still. I hate them. I absolutely hate them. I keep a clean household and I don't want those big black bugs in my apartment. I saw one in February in my bathroom. I saw another one in May in my living room. I saw one last week on Thursday in the kitchen and tonight i just saw another one in the kitchen again, It came from under the stove. I sprinkled boric acid around the house after I saw the one in Thursday in hopes of keeping them out only to see one tonight. I have to stop them from coming in before this becomes a huge problem. I have been spraying vinegar on the walls and it seemed like that was doing the trick until now. What do I have to do stop them from coming in and keeping them out of my home?

Do you have a place with lots of cracks? If not, maybe they come up through the plumbing.