What’s my right ? Any advice please?

Hi I have food business and my landlord is try to sale the building and they put sign on window (probably bigger then A1size) that building for sale and it’s looks so ugly and looks like we are selling the business ( it says land and building only but very small) I believe that it might affect our business , is my landlord allow to put sign on window ?

Yes, he is. It is "his" building and he is selling it. And he can put a for sale sign there as big as he wants.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.
  • G R

Make a bigger and temporary sign stating that your business is open.....

Absolutely.

You can ask, at your own expense, to put up a nicer looking sign if you want.

Can he advertise the sale of his own building? Of course he can.

• R P

Read your lease. It most likely has a clause that allows the landlord to post "for sale" signs. If it doesn't, the landlord tenent laws for your area prevail.

Source(s): Fl landlord
  • Maxi

Only if you allow him to or it states in your contract your landlord can

• Tavy

Yes he owns the property. You could put a sign up saying business not affected.