My friend has a history of disappearing and now he has done it to me. Do you think he may ever come back or reach out to me again?

I have a mentally ill and homeless friend (he works a lot but he chooses to sleep in his van to save money). He has no family here in the U.S. as he claims they were all killed in a horrific earthquake in another country. He has told me due to his mental illness, he sometimes just ups and leaves without a trace. About a month ago, he had a difficult issue and he became quite distant. Then all of a sudden, he cut off his phone services and doesn't park his van in the same place anymore. He gave me no notice and just disappeared. Again, he has a history of doing stuff like this and even warned me it might happen with him.

But he was my friend for a good while and I miss him and want to make sure he is ok. He doesn't have any family or friends that I am aware of here and I have no other way to reach out to him as he has no social media or friends or anyone.

I can't go to the police either, because he lives here on an expired visa. So, I guess I am just out of options.

Do you think there is a possibility he will try to get in touch with me again? He does know where I live and he knows my number

when he runs out of money

• choko_canyon

To Justjeans777: A POSSIBILITY? Yes, there's a possibility he'll try to get in touch with you again. You already know that's a possibility, so I can't figure out why you're asking unless you're trolling. I suspect you're trolling because you've blocked me, and I've never done anything but be honest.