Can a landlord legally deny special services to section 8 tenants?

I'm a disabled veteran living in a section 8 apartment under a V.A. program and the management. I've been here for 8 years and the management refuses to recarpet and repaint. Hud guidelines say a carpets life is 7 years and it wasnt new when I moved in. After begging for a few yrars they did do a carpet... show more I'm a disabled veteran living in a section 8 apartment under a V.A. program and the management. I've been here for 8 years and the management refuses to recarpet and repaint. Hud guidelines say a carpets life is 7 years and it wasnt new when I moved in. After begging for a few yrars they did do a carpet cleaning a few years ago and they've done it for other vets here. Hud guidelines also say that after a tenant has been a tenant for 5 years its the managements job to repaint. But they refuse to do it and I was told they only do that for market rate tenants.. Ive also been told thst the manager can pick and choose which tenants can get different things which I know is illegal.. But is them saying only market rate customers can get repainting and carpeting discrimination.. I'm looking for people answer that actually know the fair housing laws on this to answer.